Bluetooth is an application that allows mobile devices to transmit data over short distances using short wavelength radio transmissions, creating PANs (Personal Area Networks) with high levels of security. This means that device can now communicate directly with the mobile phones without having wires plugged in. Bluetooth was developed in 1994 by the collaboration of IT companies and mobile phones such as Intel, IBM, Nokia, Toshiba and Ericsson. Since then, there has been great advancement in the applications and mobile technologies. It began to develop more when Bluetooth become an important feature in the mobile phones.
Nowadays, several applications are developed with the help of Bluetooth technology. These applications include the software for data communication, software for data transmission and even software for games. It allows anyone gain access to their mobile phones without touching any button. Your mobile phone can connect wirelessly to a headset and depending on your mobile phone features, you can also transfer photos, files, and even calendar, and contact information to other Bluetooth enabled devices like cameras, printers, PCs, PDAs and car kits.
It is now easier than ever to connect a phone; there is no need of cables because Bluetooth automatically connects through a radio signal. Bluetooth technology is also used in headsets, computers, headphones, car stereos, laptops, GPS units and mp3 players. Almost any Bluetooth device can be paired with another Bluetooth device to facilitate the data transmission between them. The key features of Bluetooth wireless technology are robustness, low power and low cost.
The advantages of Bluetooth technology is –
- Besides improving safety by eliminating the clutter of wires and associated hazardous connections, Bluetooth technology also offers many other advantages. For instance, if you are travelling with your PDA, laptop or any other devices, then you need not to be worry about bringing all your connecting cables along with you.
- Bluetooth technology is cheap for businesses to implement, which results in lower costs for them.
- It improves the communications between devices and the information is quickly transferred between them.
- Compatible devices can share both data and voice communication with the help of Bluetooth standards. It offers great mobility and flexibility.
- Bluetooth uses a technique known as frequency hopping. Because of that, Bluetooth devices usually avoid interference from other wireless devices.
Bluetooth technology is used worldwide; it is a universal wireless standard. With the implementation of Bluetooth technology, the mode of world communication has been changed forever.